Container Hibiscus Plants
Q.

Potted Hibiscus

I live near Houston, TX., so it is getting hot! I have an entwined potted hibiscus which continues to flower (although this has slowed down recently), but the leaves are going yellow and dropping off daily. I have made sure that the pot is draining. I have given fertilizer. I have been watering every day but I just cannot seem to stop the leaf problem. I wonder if the roots are too constrained in the pot. Should I plant in the garden?

A.
    A.Answers to this queston: Add Answer

The soil may have dried out (from evaporation) and is repelling water, especially if conditions are hot. Try soaking the pot in a bucket or tub of water overnight. Due to the excessive heat, the plant may also be stressed. You may want to move it to another location, in a shadier spot, during the hottest part of the day. If desired, planting out in the garden should be fine, but I would wait until the plant begins to perk up a bit. This article will have some other suggestions: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/hibiscus/answers-to-what-causes-hibiscus-leaves-turning-yellow.htm

00

Did you find this helpful? Share it with your friends!

here are more questions about...
    Container Hibiscus Plants
    Join Us - Sign up to get all the latest gardening tips!

Do you know a lot about gardening?
    Become a GKH Gardening Expert

Learn More