Pothos Plants

Pothos Grown in Water

nos4atu added on May 31, 2012 | Answered

Hello. . . Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. I have pothos that have been growing in water for the past 3 years. My questions are: 1. Does it need a fertilizer? Any recommendations?? 2. I see a couple of white stuff growing in one of the stems (under water). Should I be worried? They sort of look like small crystals? I think. And yet there are small roots growing beside it. 3. They are in a clear glass vase. I have read that it should be better if the container were dark??

nos4atu

Thank you very much

00

I love pothos, don't you? They are so willing to do just about anything you want, and so forgiving. Fertilizer? I'm sure yours would love a small taste;use a good, water soluble, balanced fert'r, like a 6-6-6, mixed 1/4 strength, or a fish emulsion,1/4 strength. White things? Ooh, good one. Not likely to be bugs, under the water; if you can lift the plant out of the vase, try to pick the white thing off with some tweezers and examine it. Maybe its just a particle of styrofoam that blew in. Clear glass vase? Well, people say that clear glass promotes the growth of algae, but you - at least your pothos - have been getting along ok for 3 years, so I think leave well enough alone.

00
Here are more questions about Pothos Plants