Palm Trees

Possible Fungus

helenkilbourne added on June 14, 2016 | Answered

I wonder if you can help. I have no experience with plants, but have recently become involved in a reforestation project in the Dominican Republic. I love what I do and want to make sure I look after the trees correctly. We have a small nursery close to the ocean. I am currently planting Royal Palm Trees and Saman (Monkey Pod). They seem to be growing nicely. I water them every morning but I noticed that some of the saman leaves have white spots, some appear bleached, and the royal palms have yellow/brown spots and one of the weeds in the nursery looks to have been eaten by something covered in holes. Any ideas what this could be? How do I treat this? Please Help! Helen

This is likely a Scale infestation.

Here is an article with more information.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/trees/sago-palm/white-spots-on-sago.htm

00
Here are more questions about Palm Trees