Poor Foliage on Roses

Cahershey added on June 6, 2017 | Answered

I have a few roses that are blooming heavily but the plants have very thin spindly branches with almost no leaves. The flowers are nice but the plants just don\'t look healthy. What should I do to correct this.

If they are newer roses, what you are seeing is just them growing and getting established. It can take 4 to 5 years for them to truly hit their stride. If they are older roses, then their soils home may be in need of building so that the needed nutritional elements are there for the rosebushes. I recommend feeding them with an organic or organic based rose food. Also give them some kelp and alfalfa meal to help build their soils home. For a nice quick pick me up for them, water them with some water that has both a product called Super Thrive and a root stimulator product in it. Water them with such mix the next four times they need watering. Also give them all 1/3 cup of Epsom Salts sprinkled all around the rosebushes, scratch into the soils lightly and water in well. You can apply the kelp and alfalfa meal at the same time, scratch them into the soils well (1/3 cup each), water well. Wait a couple weeks and do the Epsom Salts. You can water them in with the water mix I mentioned above if so desired.

00