Ponderosa Lemon Trees

Pondarosa Lemon

Brenda Haag added on December 27, 2017 | Answered

I have a pondarosa lemon that isn't very tall. The lemons are so big, they are causing the limbs to hang on the ground. I just got 4 lemons off and there are 4 small green ones on it still. Should I pull the fruit off and allow it to get bigger before allowing fruit to grow on it?

It won't hurt the tree to weep like this. If you just find it unpleasant to look at, then there would be no harm in removing a few of the lemons to let others ripen. It is a good idea to prune limb tips during early flowering to make sure that the branches are strong enough to support lemons, and that none will grow at the tips.

This article will help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/lemons/lemon-tree-pruning.htm

Here are more questions about Ponderosa Lemon Trees