Pomegranate Trees

Pomegrante Ripeness

snakeskins added on October 23, 2015 | Answered

I have a pomegranate tree (Punica granatum nana). It's October now and the seeds inside the fruit that have grown are still pale white. The outside of the pomegranates are dry and have cracks. Should I expect ruby red-colored seeds or the usual pale white seeds? When should I begin harvesting?

Pomegranates stop ripening as soon as they are picked.
Each cultivator will have different color of fruit ripeness so it is best to know the variety of tree you are growing.
Don't pay as much attention to color but size. A ripe Pomegranate should be between 2 to 5 inches across.
Tap the fruit and hear a metallic sound.

The seeds of ripe the fruit can be white, pink, red and ruby colored depending on the cultivator you have planted.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/pomegranate/diseases-in-pomegranate.htm

00
Here are more questions about Pomegranate Trees