Pomegranate Trees

Pomegranate Tree Pollination

snakeskins added on January 31, 2015 | Answered

I have one pomegranate tree growing on the southside of my home in Las Vegas, NV. I know that it self pollinates but I can't remember the name of the species. I want to plant a second pomegranate tree next to it for optimal pollination and overall fruit growth. When I go to purchase the second tree, is there a particular type or species I should look for? And when would be a good time to plant the tree?  :)

The main thing when purchasing a new pomegranate is to make sure it is a fruit-bearing kind, rather than purely ornamental. After that would be to make sure it's hardy in your area. I would do a bit of research to find what varieties are available to you, then research those to make sure of their characteristics. Also, early spring is always a good time to plant. This article contains information you should be able to use. https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/pomegranate/no-pomegranates-on-trees.htm

00
Here are more questions about Pomegranate Trees