Pole Beans

Pole Beans Over Growth

I am growing pole beans in a container and have put 3 six foot poles in for them to grow along. They are doing great - too great. Here in lies my question. My beans have grown up the poles and are continuing to grow so that I have about a foot of bean plant with nothing to grow on at the top. What should I do? I want the plant to be able to put its energy into growing beans and not keep growing upwards. Should I trim it at the top to stop the upward growth?

Frankly, I would just leave them be. They will eventually twine around other parts of the plant or you can even help get them started. While trimming may stunt growth, it could encourage other problems, such as disease. They're only going to grow so much anyway.

00
Here are more questions about Pole Beans