Poinsettia Plants

I was repotting my poinsettia because it was getting too big for the old pot. A branch accidentally broke off. Is there a way I can save the branch that broke off?

Because the leaves are so thin, cuttings usually wilt before the stems develop roots; therefore, it can be somewhat difficult to try and root broken branches. However, if you want to try to propagate the broken stem, use only an inch or two of bare (green) stem with a couple small leaves, or tip cuttings, since these root much easier than the old, woody branches. Stick the cutting into a pot filled with damp potting mix and seal this inside a clear plastic bag. This will help retain moisture similar to a mini greenhouse. Place it in an area receiving bright, indirect light. In about 4-6 weeks, the cutting should be rooted and can be taken from the bag.

Here are more questions about Poinsettia Plants