Please Help Identify Strange Worms

Haroon Akhtar added on April 28, 2018 | Answered

Hey so i just planted up a finger lime plant and finished off with some wood bark chippings and i noticed some strange yellow/light greenish worm like things what are these and are they pests thanks

They are likely a form of nematode, and should be eradicated. You can mix several drops of rosemary oil, and garlic oil in warm water, and water it in. This will keep them out for quite awhile, but will have to be reapplied every few months, or when you notice them again

10
Haroon Akhtar

Hey BushDoctor thanks for the reply not sure how i can reply directly to your reply but what kind of nematode is this? I was convinced it was the larvae of fungus gnats but they are a greenish yellowy colour.... Could this because they are feeding on the red coloured chippings? I noticed the source where they are and it is inside a bag of wood bark chippings I noticed a lot of white mold but i never bothered about it since I believed this was just the chippings breaking down

00