Delphiniums

Plants That Are Flowering Twice in a Year

PEACH added on September 26, 2011 | Answered

I have buds on my camellias and my rhododendrons. Would these be flower buds or seed buds? My plants flowered in late spring, early summer. Also, my delphiniums have flowered again for the second time this year. I cut them down after they finished flowering in the summer, but they have grown again.

With the camellias and rhododendrons, it could be seed pods or it could be buds forming for next year. They likely will not bloom again this year.

As for the delphiniums, it is not surprising that this happened. When you cut them down, you dead headed them. A plant's main goal in life is to produce seeds. When you cut them down, the plant forced itself to bloom again to try to make more seeds. This article may be of interest to you:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/fgen/deadheading-flowers.htm

00
Here are more questions about Delphiniums