Cherry Trees

Plants in Clay Soil

I live in Zone 5 and have planted a Yoshino cherry tree in my front yard. The tree is about 5. 5' tall. My yard has a lot of clay in the soil. It has been a week since I've planted my cherry tree. The leaves appear to be 'droopy'. Is my tree getting too much water? We have had bad rain storms and I'm worried the water is not draining properly.

Planting cherry trees requires well-drained, fertile soil. Cherry trees are very susceptible to root rot, so the soil needs to be well-drained. They also require about eight hours of sunlight daily. Also, it's important to plant them in higher ground.

Here is an article that you may find helpful: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/soil-fertilizers/how-to-improve-clay-soil.htm

00
Here are more questions about Cherry Trees