Coneflower Plants

Planting Purple Coneflower

bud zumsteg added on July 16, 2016 | Answered

Planting in December on bare ground has worked somewhat well for the three acres of wildflowers I have planted on my farm. Now, I want to plant one acre of purely purple coneflowers. What do you recommend? A friend thinks a light disking after sowing the seed on bare ground in December would be helpful. Leaving the seed uncovered requires about three years before we get blooming flowers. Thanks for your attention.

Spread the seed over the worked soil and then compress the seed into the soil by walking on it.
For large areas you can use a lawn roller.
One tip is to mix the seeds with clean white sandbox sand (the kind the sell for sandboxes-this is non toxic) Mix the seed with the sand and then you can scatter the seed and actually see where you have sown the seed.

00
Here are more questions about Coneflower Plants