Pomegranate Trees

Planting a Tree in February

snakeskins added on February 6, 2015 | Answered

I bought a pomegranate tree yesterday and I want to either keep it safe in my shed or plant it in the ground right away. The days have been warm and sunny and it’s February here in Las Vegas, NV. Which option, if any, would be inadvisable? In other words, would it better just to leave the tree in my shed until spring time or can I go ahead and put it in the ground now? It would get no sunlight at all in the shed.

maryhdyer

Spring is the best time for planting, but it's important to wait until after the last frost date. You may need to keep the tree in your shed for two or three weeks, and it should be fine if you don't let it dry out.

If you aren't sure of your last frost date, you can call your local cooperative extension office and they will be glad to help. This will help you determine the location of your nearest office: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/extension-search/

00
Here are more questions about Pomegranate Trees