Cherry Trees

Planting a Tree

I have planted a tree in my garden. It is a prunus x subhirtella 'Autumnalis Rosea'. It is planted next to my stone wall, which is only a few feet (about 8 - 10 feet) from a neighbor's house. Are the roots likely to cause a problem with foundations of the house? I do need the height of a small tree to provide privacy from neighbor windows. The tree will also be the the main focus of my small garden. Can I perhaps keep it pruned to reduce its growth, thereby avoiding any complaints from the neighbor? When would be the best time to prune it? I would be very grateful for your advice.

Small trees like that do not have a large enough root system to do damage to a foundation. They are commonly planted rather close to homes for this reason. You should be fine and will not need to do anything special to keep it in check.

00
Here are more questions about Cherry Trees