Peach Trees

Planting a Peach Pit

libellule added on August 16, 2011 | Answered

I live in the Ottawa Ontario Canada region, and I was wondering if it is possible to plant and eventually grow a peach tree from inside a house. And what does it consist of doing, if it is possible? I'm not quite sure if the Ottawa region would be suitable for growing outdoors since we have vigorous winters.

You can grow it indoors, but it would need alot of light, which is something that most houses cannot provide.

That being said, there are varieties of peaches that will grow where you are. For example Reliance or Red Haven are 2 varieties that will grow where you live and there are more. I recommend that you visit a locally owned nursery and see what they have to offer. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

00
Here are more questions about Peach Trees