Papyrus Plant

Planting a Papyrus Plant – in SC Coast, Plant Now or Spring

lsihrobinson added on October 8, 2011 | Answered

I have a papyrus plant that I planned to place near a freshwater lagoon overflow perimeter. It is deemed 'wetland' but there is hardly ever visible water in it, but it is moist. In coastal SC. , should I divide the plant now and put it in the ground or should I divide it into pots and bring it inside for the winter and plant in the ground in spring?

You should still be ok where you are replanting into the ground. The plant needs a few weeks to settle in before it can handle cold weather and if you are not expecting (below 45F) cold weather for at least the next few weeks, you should be fine.

If you think that it may get cold in the next few weeks, I would bring them indoors and plant out in the spring.

00
Here are more questions about Papyrus Plant