Four O’clock Flowers

Planting 4 O’clock Black Seeds

I have 6 rectangular pots the measurements are 18 1/2 inch long x7 inch tall x 4 inch wide, how many seeds can I put in each pot? And can the seeds Be close or further apart and do I need to put a couple holes in the pot for drainage or no holes needed ? And lastly is any potting soil ok to use ? Thank you

All pots or planting containers should and need have drainage holes. This is important so that the soil can drain of excess water.

4 O'Clocks may be more suited to growing in the ground, but you can grow in containers-where they may become more of a trailing plant.

The depth of your container is quite shallow, so your plants will not be able to stay in this container for likely more then one season.
You can plant them into the ground at the end of summer or even cut them all the way back to keep them small.

Always read the back of the seed packets for planting directions.
I would plant the seeds in a good quality potting soil and place the seeds every 2 to 3 inches apart. Cover with about 1 inch of soil.
Keep the planting medium moist but not soggy.

Here is a great article about this wonderful perennial.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/four-oclocks/four-oclock-plants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Four O’clock Flowers