Red Potato Plants

Planted Red Potatoes, Got Regular

When weeding the garden yesterday, I accidently exposed a potato, so I decided to go ahead and dig it up. To my surprise, it was a regular white potato, not the red variety that I planted this spring. The plants are not even beginning to die off yet, so not sure if that was the reason it was a regular light brown or not. This is the first time I've planted potatoes, so not sure if they turn red later or it's a fluke. There was another small potato poking its head out of the dirt on another plant and it too was not red skinned. Any ideas?

I've never heard of a potato morphing from red skinned to white skinned. Sometimes it's difficult to tell red seed potatoes from the whites. The potato skin will remain the color it is as soon as it starts forming, it might get a little more intensely colored, but it won't change.

00
Here are more questions about Red Potato Plants