Flax Plants

Planted Rainbow Warrior Flax

Ingi345 added on July 17, 2017 | Answered

I had a gardener plant a row of rainbow warrior flax plants for me-I bought them at a nursery and they were in beautiful shape. The gardener planted them and then we saw him watering them down with the "jet" setting of the sprayer. By the time we saw this, he was almost done. The leaves were all split and the plants looked destroyed. He assured me that they would eventually stand back up and be fine. Will these plants bounce back from this??

Follow a regular watering schedule during the first growing season to establish a deep, extensive root system. Watering can be reduced after establishment. Feed with a general purpose fertilizer before new growth begins in spring.
I would avoid watering into the crown, instead build a basin around the plants to help hold the water and allow it to drain into the soil around the roots.
The plants should recover once they began to become established.

00
Here are more questions about Flax Plants