Pittosporum Plants

Pittosporum Tree – Half Dead

I've just returned from USA, having been away since early March, to find, with horror, that my Pittosporum tree (about ten feet tall) has an awful lot of dead leaves on it. The top half is all dead, while the bottom half has some branches with lovely green leaves, whilst the other branches have dead, brown leaves. I am so, so disappointed, as it's one of my favourite trees! Could this be the earlier cold weather, or could it be lack of moisture while I've been away? And more importantly, do you have any ideas what I should do to help it? Many thanks.

It is likely the cold caused the damage, as it would affect the tree in this way (the closer to the ground, the more ground heat would have kept the frost off). But just to be on the safe side, I would treat the tree with neem oil. This will treat the tree for both any possible fungus or pests that may be attacking the tree.

00
Here are more questions about Pittosporum Plants