Pistachio Trees

Pistachio Tree

Christopher Williams added on March 21, 2018 | Answered

I have a pistachio sapling no taller than an inch. I live in northeast alabama usa. I am a first time pistachio grower. Will it thrive in this climate? Certain care tips? I need everybit of info i can get really. I know its a tap root. But other than details and info is sketchy for my region. Will it even produce pistachios?

They will grow... They may not thrive. Your area will meet the temperature requirements, but will be very moist compared to their native environment... Syria. You will need, both a male, and a female tree to produce fruit. You may get the tree to live, but you won't know it's sex for many years. Then you need another tree of the opposite sex to produce.

This article will give you more information: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/nut-trees/pistachios/growing-pistachio-nut-trees.htm

00
Here are more questions about Pistachio Trees