Pineapple Guava

Pineapple Guava – Acca Selloweana

Jenny McCullagh added on March 6, 2018 | Answered

Update to previous question as it wouldn\'t let me add a picture afterwards: \"Hi Just wondering if you have any advice - I bought a pineapple guava plant couple of weeks ago and put it in a sheltered spot outside. Last week the leaves started to curl and I assumed it didn\'t like the drop in temperature so brought it inside to a cooler place near a window. The leaves are still curled and getting worse so I\'m worried it\'s not going to recover. Do you have any ideas what has upset it and if I can fix it? Thank you Jenny\"

This does appear to be cold damage. It also seems to be a mild pH issue as well. You can add dolomitic lime to the soil to correct the pH, but the cold damage will just have to heal on its own. It is likely that the leaves will start dropping, but this will be followed by new growth that should look normal.

Here are more questions about Pineapple Guava