Pine Trees

Pine Tree Dying (Brown) – Illinois

My Pine tree appears to be dying. I have 3 pine trees in a row. They are over 30 years old. The first tree died at the end of the year last year, but I kept it in hopes that it was just adjusting to climate. It is definitely dead. The second tree is now experiencing similar problems and I have sprayed insecticide and placed nutrients around the tree. The third tee is just beginning to show signs of the same problem. Who can I contact in DuPage County, Illinois to help me save my trees?

Do you know the variety of the tree? There are several species specific diseases that might cause this, but I need to know the species to investigate. If you can send me the type of pine tree it is, I should be able to give you some direction in what might be killing them. If you would like, the University of Illinois extension office should be able to help you as well. This is their website: http://web.extension.illinois.edu/dupage/?CFID=37476861&CFTOKEN=38157422

00
Here are more questions about Pine Trees