Pitcher Plants

Pitcher Plant

butch.sutherland added on January 29, 2018 | Answered

I brought my pitcher plant inside this fall its doing well and has lots of new growth but no new pitchers. It has plenty of new growth should I attempt to cut it back ??? if so what is the best way ???

It would be helpful to have a picture of the pitcher plant. Some of them require different care. I have to assume that it is Nepenthes alata, though. This is the most common type, as it is most tolerant of different environments.

Now, the most common cause of no pitchers would be a lack of humidity and moisture in the peat moss mix. These should remain moist, making sure that the moss never dries out. It can help to spray the plant, daily, as well.

Here is an article that you will find helpful: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/pitcher-plants/growing-pitcher-plants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Pitcher Plants