Phalaenopsis Orchids

Phalaenopsis – New Stalk

Njc1041 added on October 27, 2017 | Answered

I bought two orchids for a couple of pounds, in a sales at a garden centre; they had finished flowering and as a result not wanted. Having watered and fed them, one has put up two flower stalks, but the other has produced a thickish shoot which is neither a flower shoot nor a root. It has leaves which is odd. Now the top leaf is unfurling to show what is apparently a flower stalk. I've had quite a few orchids over the years, but none have ever done this. How should I treat this?

This sounds like it is an offset called a keiki! You can divide this off and it can become its own plant. Here is an article for more information: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/orchids/how-to-plant-an-orchid-keiki.htm

00
Here are more questions about Phalaenopsis Orchids