Persimmon Trees

Persimmon Tree

Nora added on May 6, 2017 | Answered

I hope you can tell me what’s wrong with my persimmon tree. I live in northern North Carolina and have had this tree for about 7 years. Last year there was no fruit probably because we had 2 overnight freezes in the spring right after the tree gave leaves. All the leaves fell off and then new leaves sprouted and the tree looked fine with some over large leaves but no fruit. This year everything appeared fine but little by little the leaves are all falling off. One side o the tree is completely bare of leaves. Is there anything I can do to bring back life or is the tree slowly dying?

There can be several issues with a Persimmon.
This link will help you pinpoint the issue.

http://fruitandnuteducation.ucdavis.edu/fruitnutproduction/Persimmon/Persimmon_Pests_Deficiencies/Persimmon_Diseases_Disorders/

00
Here are more questions about Persimmon Trees