Ghost Pepper Plants

Pepper Seedling Problems

I'm trying to raise 'bhut jolokia' an Indian pepper commonly referred to as ghost chili here in the USA. It's not very common, and small plants are virtually unavailable, so I ordered seeds. I planted them in peat pellets, watered them regularly, and they sprouted but grew to about 1 1/2 inches tall, remaining the same for about 2 weeks. Then they seemed to wither, beginning at the soil level, falling over and dying. Any clue or remedy? It's been in the high 90's and I've kept them from direct sun exposure, but have given them a grow light and fish emulsionl and Miracle Grow mixtures. I do notice really small gnats ocassionally, but mostly on or about the soil. They never seem to get past the initial first two leaf stage. What do you think my problem is?

It sounds like they are damping off. This article will help you with that:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/seeds/what-is-damping-off.htm

00
Here are more questions about Ghost Pepper Plants