Pencil Cactus

Pencil Cactus Not Growing

FF added on May 28, 2017 | Answered

Hello! I received cuttings of Pencil Cactus almost two years ago expecting for this succulent to grow easily, as I had read that it does grow fast and profusely; however, half of the cuttings never rooted, and the few that did have only sprouted tiny leaves and very little growth of the stems. The new growth has slightly increased since the warmer weather of this season has arrived. I wonder what the problem is and if I can help bolster its growth somehow? I only water it about twice a month and have it sitting in the window in full sun. Any advice for this plant would be much appreciated! Thank you!!

Warm temperatures, full sunshine and a slightly gritty, well draining soil is key to a Pencil Cactus plant.

Here are more questions about Pencil Cactus