PeeGee Hydrangea

Peegee Hydrangea

I live in MA and bought a Peegee hydrangea this spring. I planted it, taking the right precautions (planted in the right depth, loosened the roots, didn't compact the soil when putting it in w/the flowers). It looked great for about two weeks. It did get a bit cold but was doing okay after that. However, it recently (within the last two days) has completely wilted. I tried watering but did not want to overwater the flower. I pruned back a few of the dead flowers and leaves but that did not do anything either. Did I plant it too early? And if so, will it revive itself in the summer?

It may have been planted a bit too early, but through no fault of your own. It went from greenhouse conditions to real world conditions, and this can be hard on a plant. As long as the stems are alive, it will be fine.

00
Here are more questions about PeeGee Hydrangea