Soil Amendments

Peat Moss and Roses

I live in Providence, RI. I have 2 questions. When is the best time to plant a climbing rose bush? And I have beds with ornamentals in the front of my house, flowers and rose bushes in the back. Some people tell me to use mulch in my beds and some people tell me to use peat moss. Which or what is best to keep the soil fertilized? Thank you:)

You will need to check with a local rose society to find out the best time to plant a climbing rosebush there, I plant rosebushes very early in the spring here in Colorado which is mid May typically to early June. I prefer using the shredded wood mulch as the peat mosses can carry some funguses and molds that will spread disease to the roses and can actually cause us gardeners some issues as well. https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/roses/rose-pickers-disease.htm

00
Here are more questions about Soil Amendments