Peach Trees

Peach Trees/Japanese Beetles

My peach trees have a lot of peaches on them and it is almost time for Japanese beetles. My question is, 'How late can a tree be sprayed for beeetles when it has fruit growing on it?' They were really bad last year, but a late freeze kept any peaches from forming, so I didn't have anything to worry about. Also, what would be the best product to spray on them? I have used Sevin concentrate in the past.

I would wait until just after the blossoms begin to fade to begin pest control. This will make sure that you do not inadvertently kill beneficial insects that you need for pollination. I recommend neem oil. It is organic and very effective. It is often sold as fruit tree spray at stores. Check the label. Here is more information on neem oil:

Here are more questions about Peach Trees