Peach Trees

Peach Tree Pruning

Creativeguy added on March 19, 2018 | Answered

Hello, I found you on line. I have a peach tree that is 6 yrs old. It has grown fruit. 2nd year it produced a good amount but never got fully developed. Last year it had tons but the tree got so heavy it broke branches and the fruit was small. I have attached a few photos to show you how it is growing. It is probably 12 feet tall. I have pruned it some but I am afraid to really hack at it, but I also feel that is what it needs. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks James

You can safely take about a foot off of each branch tip right now. This will help. There is an underlying problem, though. Do you fertilize this regularly? You should do so at least once per year. It could be that your soil is lacking the proper nutrients to fruit.

10
Creativeguy

I do not. I tell myself every year that I will. I am planning on doing it this year.

00
Here are more questions about Peach Trees