Nectarine Trees

Peach Tree/Nectarine Tree

jo16 added on May 2, 2011 | Answered

Not for sure but I believe my dog might of chewed off a 10-inch strip of bark. I planted both trees 10 feet apart in middle of March. They are about 5 and half feet tall and both are producing fruit. I have used no chemicals or pesticides. How should I treat these two trees? 10 feet from the peach is cherry, then another 10 feet is Sweet Darl cherry. Thanks for your help. Jo

As long as the trees are not girdled (where the bark is removed around the circumference of the trunk) then the trees will be fine. As an extra precaution, pain the damaged area with a fungicide but nothing else. The fungicide will keep disease out of the wound. Any "wound" paint other than this will actually trap disease in the wound and can make matters worse. This article will help:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/trees/tgen/repairing-tree-bark-damage.htm

00
Here are more questions about Nectarine Trees