Peach Trees

Peach Tree Fertilization

In your advice about fertilizing newly planted peach with 10:10:10, did you really mean the fertilizer spread should be 8-12 feet from the trunk of the peach? This seems far. Or did you mean 8-12 inches? I just bought a 2 year old peach tree, which I plan to plant in a few days in my garden.

Yes, the article does actually mean 8-12 feet. But, as yours is newly planted, you will only need to go 2-3 feet out. The reason is that the roots of the plant are as wide (roughly) as the canopy. As the top of the plant gets wider, so does the roots of the plant. To make sure that it gets enough nutrients, you need to make sure that the fertilizer is spread as far out as the roots reach, which for a mature peach tree is 8-12 feet.

00
Here are more questions about Peach Trees