Peach Trees

Peach Tree

I have a peach tree in a pot. I bought it earlier this year. The peaches have set ok and are ripening nicely but the leaves are all droopy. It continually looks like it needs watering but I do water it regularly (you need to over here). Now the leaves seem to be dying and going brown and dropping off. Any thoughts?

This can be a sign of plant stress caused by any number of issues, from disease to too much water. However, it is more prevalent among poorly watered trees--either too much or too little. Since yours is in a pot, I am leaning towards too little water. Container grown trees need watering daily (twice daily in temps over 85 F.). Soak the soil deeply. Then just wait. There are no guarantees that this will fix the problem. Keep in mind that if your soil is already quite moist, you should allow it to dry out some before watering again.

00
Here are more questions about Peach Trees