Are peace lilies dangerous around animals or children?
Certified GKH Gardening Expert
Peace lily isn’t technically poisonous, but it contains a compound that can be extremely bothersome to pets, children and even an adult if consumed. Even the pollen from the spadix can cause oral irritation if licked off fur and paws. The culprit is the presence of calcium oxalate crystals. These are also called raphides, and are needle sharp and shoot out of damaged parts of the plant. The crystals are insoluble and persistent when they contact tissue. The result is an inflammatory reaction, which can be mild to severe and accompanied by other symptoms.
Read more at Gardening Know How: Peace Lily And Dogs – Is Peace Lily Toxic To Dogs https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/peace-lily/is-peace-lily-toxic-to-dogs.htm