Passion Flower Vine

Passion Flower

I received a passion flower vine and am wondering if i can plant it next to my clematis so they can use the same trellis or do you advise it having its own? I don't want either to not have enough room to flourish. We have a west facing house so the most sun is in the back of the house. The clematis is in front so gets afternoon sun.

No, I would not recommend planting the Passion Flower in the same planting area as your Clematis. Clematis needs to have its roots in the shade and the vines in the sun. Your Passion Flower will need a full sun location. Here is a link to refresh you on the care requirements of your lovely gift.

Also, make sure the Passion Flower Vine you have is one of the few varieties that is hardy down to zone 5. Most are rated for zones 7-10. I see you are in zone 4, so make sure this vine has a very sheltered location and you will want to mulch the roots heavily for winter.

Here are more questions about Passion Flower Vine