Pansy Flowers

Pansies

shuss1 added on July 10, 2016 | Answered

My pansies keep dying. They turn brown at the base while remaining green at the top. After several days, the plant shrivels up and dies. What is causing this and what can I do to prevent it? I plan on putting petunias in to replace the pansies but will the same thing happen to them? This is the second year this has happened.

LuvaLeigh

There could be a number of reasons why this is happening. Proper environment is important. They like a nutrient rich soil so a layer of organic matter is great. A regular watering schedule is a must. Beyond those reasons your problem could be a disease or fungal. Here is an article on amending soil that may help;
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/soil-fertilizers/improving-garden-soil.htm

00
Here are more questions about Pansy Flowers