Palm Trees

Palm Tree Roots Above Ground

Anonymous added on January 4, 2018 | Answered

I have 2 palm trees in the front yard that have roots exposed and the bark(?) trunk of the tree completely exposing the roots. I asked a tree service company in the area about it and they said the roots have a taproot and it should be okay for a year. They said unless there is high wind and plenty of rain, I should have no problem. This week end we are suppose to have up to 4 inches of rain - not so much rain. As a pre-caution question, mentioning taproot system and lots of rain and winds, how secure do the palm trees sound until Spring when I plan having them removed?

For many palm species, it is normal for the roots to become exposed above the ground, and it's not a sign that the palm is unhealthy or unstable. It looks unusual, but it's simply the way these palms grow. Please see this article for details:
http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ep344

00
Here are more questions about Palm Trees