Kentia Palm Trees

Palm Kentia

Anonymous added on December 21, 2014 | Answered

I have three Kentia palms I have owned for over 10 years. They are from Hawaii and planted in lava rock. They have been beautiful and about 9 to 10 feet tall until this past year. Now what is still living is only about 4 feet tall and they are not surviving. These plants are about 25 years old. I hate to lose them. HELP!!

Plants, like animals, have a life span. At 25 years, it is very possible that they are dying of simple old age.

But then again, as all 3 are dying together, it could also be conditions that are doing so. What those are could be varied, but look to what has changed for these plants lately. Did the heating in your home change? (this would change the temps or humidity in the house) Did the light change? (Perhaps something that blocked the light or caused more light) Do that plants have a root disease? (this article may help with that: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/disease/treating-root-rot-gardening-tips-for-housplants.htm

You need to find out what has changed to make the plants unhappy. But, as I said, keep in mind that they may simply be dying of old age, for which there is no fix for.

00
Here are more questions about Kentia Palm Trees