Cucumber Plants

Over and Under Watering Cucumbers?

ssmi26 added on September 6, 2017 | Answered

I have a greenhouse and my plants look like they are doing really good. However, my cucumber plants' leaves are turning yellow. I also saw two tiny cucumber starts, but they are yellow too. I am using a soaker hose in the boxes and since cucumbers need lots and lots of water, I have them on a timer for 10 min a day every two days. Am I over-watering these or not enough? It's hard to tell. I am attaching a couple pictures. These are Diva cucumbers so they don't need the male flower. Besides that I have a TON of bees in the greenhouse.... What am I doing wrong? Over-watering or Under-watering?? Thanks! Sharon

It appears that the yellowing is caused by a lack of nitrogen. Apply a nitrogen-rich fertilizer to fix the yellow leaves. Under-watering will appear as wilted leaves, and over-watering will often cause rotting, and brown or black spots. This article will help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/vegetables/cucumber/tips-for-growing-cucumbers.htm

00
Here are more questions about Cucumber Plants