Container Yucca Plants

Outdoor Yucca Plants

I enjoy plants and flowers so much, I have a house full, and want to plant some outside. I have noticed a spiked-looking plant in my neighbor's yard (without the woody bark) and would like to plant them also. They look like yuccas but develop small flowers in late summer. I read outdoor yuccas can stand temperatures of 10 degrees. I live on  the eastern side of the U. S. Do you think I can plant them (purchase at Home Depot or Lowes) outside, or is it another type of plant I should look for?

Those are most likely Yuccas but they are not the same as your houseplant yuccas. They can take much more cold and they also bloom. You should be able to find them at your hardware store in the outdoor plant section. Their common name is Adam's Needles and they are rather popular because they need little care or water. They are pretty much care free once you plant them.

00
Here are more questions about Container Yucca Plants