Ornamental Grasses

Ornamental Grass

Bluesgirl1976 added on July 14, 2016 | Answered

I received some ornamental grass from my sister-in-law, who was thinning hers out. I planted within hours of getting it from her and it is starting to look dead. Like straw. I don't know if it is just shock or if it is not going to make it. I don't know whether to cut it back or leave it alone? Any help would be appreciated!

kh0001

The same thing recently happened to me, with some Pampas grass given to me by a friend. It started to look sorry, just like yours, and I thought maybe best case scenario I would leave it alone and it might come back up next year.

It started sprouting new growth and continues to do so!

It might be worth it to roll the dice and give your ornamental grass regular water. See if it grows a bit this year, let it winter in the ground and you may be in for a surprise next year.

00
Here are more questions about Ornamental Grasses