Orchid Plants

Orchid Re-Bloom

teri_albert added on November 9, 2017 | Answered

I think I know the answer but still must ask. The stem of the orchid is brown and hollow but the leaves and roots are a good green (leaves) and pearly green (roots). Is this orchid still alive or should I just throw it away? Type of orchid is unknown, it was a gift.

This is a phalaenopsis orchid. It is very alive, although it can be tricky to get it to re-bloom. Normally if you leave the flowering stem after the blooms fade, it will produce another set from that stem. Since it is already cut you will have to let it re-grow another flowering spike.

This article will give you information on how to get them to re-bloom: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/orchids/phalaenopsis-orchids-post-bloom.htm

00
Here are more questions about Orchid Plants