Orchid Plants

Orchid Plants

brendawilliams808 added on May 28, 2016 | Answered

I am hoping you can help me regarding 2 of my orchid plants. Why is it the flowers seem to be drying up and then feel like paper and then drop off? I don't think I've over watered them. I spray the leaves and I've put in the pot these feeding bottles you can buy. They are not in direct sun, so hope you can help before all my flowers fall off. kind regards B Williams PS. The only thing I can think of is when I am spraying the leaves some of the spray is going on the flowers, as I spray them with a shop bought orchid spray.

heather

I am assuming that these are epiphyte types of orchids.

I have found that one of the best ways to help an epiphyte orchid hold onto its blooms is to soak the rootball (container and all even) in a bucket or tub of water once a month or so for 20-30 minutes. Then allow the container and rootball to drain. This allows the growing medium to soak up the moisture and distribute it back out to the plant's roots over the course of the month. This seems to help the plant gold onto blooms for a much longer time than misting alone does.

00
Here are more questions about Orchid Plants