Orchid Plants

Orchid

melanieaf added on August 17, 2016 | Answered

I am a first time Orchid owner. It seems as though it started dying a week after I bought it. I've had it for about a month, watered it maybe 3 or 4 times. I read that I could be overwatering, and have since stopped watering for over a week. It looks bad to me and I really don't want it to die! I read that some species need more water than others, but I'm unsure of the specific species mine is. I have it in a northeast-facing window that gets pretty good sunlight. It is hot here in Los Angeles, not sure if its too hot near the window. The soil is dry, the flowers are turning brown and some have fallen off. I'm including some images. Thanks so much for your help!

barbara leavitt

hi, if you live in an area that is warm ...and is not going to freeze...put your orchid outside..where there is good light but not in direct sun...hang it in a tree..or from the eve of your house....mist your orchid once a week with water that is not city water but distilled.....it will grow roots outside the pot..this is natural..hope this helps.....take care barb

00
Here are more questions about Orchid Plants