Orange Trees

Oranges

Something is eating my oranges. They are on the ground. Some have a hole in the side, some are a half shell. Friends suggested rats. I purchased rat poison and it is ignored. But whoever it is eats two or three a day at least. After the past three rainy days, there were 21 half eaten oranges on the ground this morning. I have never seen any type of animal with the oranges. They must get them at night. What do I do now? My orange crop is disappearing. Please help.

I would suspect a raccoon is the culprit. They can climb trees and are very crafty with their paws so they are able to 'pick' fruit from plants. They are also quite wasteful and will eat only a bite or two of anything they get. They are nocturnal and rarely, if ever, come out during the day - only at night. This article may help with keeping them away: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/pests/animals/getting-rid-raccoons.htm

00
Here are more questions about Orange Trees