Orange Trees

Orange Trees

bamiester1 added on February 6, 2018 | Answered

For the past 3 years, since getting and planting my orange tree: I get hundreds of the white "buds" on my orange tree, they turn into white flowers, assume "blossoms", which smell terrific, last for about a month, then everything falls off. No oranges. I am truly bummed. What is happening???? When I bought it, it was "pollinated" and I grew it inside my pool cage and it flourished. I planted it outside last year and still looks great.

It can take a few years after flowering age before it can be old enough to bear a fruit. If you do not fertilize with citrus fertilizer, then you could be just lacking in nutrients.

Here is an article for general citrus care: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/citrus/fertilizing-citrus-trees-best-practices-for-citrus-fertilizing.htm

00
Here are more questions about Orange Trees