Orange Trees

Orange Tree – Sour Fruit – Need Help

enem added on December 21, 2016 | Answered

I have this Orange tree in my backyard (pictures below). It doesn't produce a lot of fruit and they're quite sour when they do come up. Can it be fixed? What kind of Orange is it? I see a kind of a navel mark at the bottom that's on Navel Oranges, but these oranges are too sour to be Navel (or the tree needs help). What do I need to do? TIA, Norm

JeffreyGardener

The tree and fruit look okay in the photos. Often the problem with sour fruit lies in the variety that you are growing. Other factors involve a warm season that is too short, inadequate direct sunlight, and inadequate fertilizer uptake of the tree. GardeningKnowHow has a few tips for you to follow here: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/oranges/oranges-taste-sour.htm

10
Here are more questions about Orange Trees